There is nothing better than fresh homegrown tomatoes in the summertime. Pair these up with fresh mozzarella and sliced peaches and you will no doubt impress your guests. The dressing can be made ahead and drizzled on just prior to serving. This will go great with any kind of BBQ meat.
Peach Caprese Salad
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chopped shallot
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella sliced
- 2 large peaches sliced into rounds
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes sliced
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- Flaky sea salt
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, shallot, kosher salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until the dressing is emulsified.
- Arrange the mozzarella, peaches, tomatoes, and basil on serving platter or individual plates.
- Drizzle with the dressing; sprinkle with flaky salt, and serve.