Southerners sure do love their biscuits and everyone has a different way to make them. I have several recipes for biscuits myself however this has become my favorite. These are easy and messy to make….but then again that is a sign of a good biscuit. I use my dough hook on my Kitchenaid mixer (not required but certainly makes these a little easier).
The secret is to mix your ingredients and roll out without over mixing. Do not add to much flour or Bisquick while you are rolling out otherwise they will become dry. They should be a little sticky when you put them in the pan to bake. The secret to soft biscuits is to cook them on high heat and quickly.
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- 4 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup 7-up
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Add Bisquick and sour cream and mix together
- Add 7 Up-the to the dough and mix. The dough will be very soft and sticky.
- Sprinkle additional Bisquick onto the counter and gently roll out the dough out to desired thickness (about 1.5 inch)
- Cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter or the bottom of a glass
- Pour melted butter into 13×9 inch. Place biscuits on top of butter
- Bake in a 450 oven until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.