This is one of my favorite summer salads. It is an easy salad to put together to have on a weeknight at home or an impressive starter if you want to wow your dinner guests. I love to eat different fruits in my salad and often times will add berries, peaches, nectarines, apples and pears depending on the time of the year. However, fresh peaches and burrata cheese go together like peaches and cream.
The appearance of burrata cheese is similar to fresh mozzarella cheese. In larger supermarkets, it is usually found near the mozzarella cheese packed in water. Burrata is similar to mozzarella but the difference is that once you cut burrata open it has a soft creamy center. This cheese goes great with fresh tomatoes and basil as well.
I like to add a small drizzle of chili oil on top of the cheese to finish off this salad. If you don’t have pecans, you can substitute with sliced walnuts or almonds.
Mixed Green Salad with Peaches, Burrata Cheese and Proscuitto
- 4 medium peaches pitted and cut into ¾-inch slices
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 5 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons peach balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs
- In a small bowl mix salad dressing ingredients with a whisk.
- In a larger bowl, toss the mixed greens with the salad dressing. Divide salad greens on 4 individual plates.
- Tear each slice of prosciutto in half and place on top of the mixed greens.
- Place a piece of burrata cheese in the center of the salad.
- Divide the sliced peaches among the 4 plates. Sprinkle the salad with the chopped pecans.
- Optional: Drizzle a small amount of chili oil on top of the burrata cheese. Top with a peach slice for an impressive presentation.