Are you looking for a side dish that you can prepare ahead of time? Brunch potatoes pair well with ham, roasts or even on a brunch menu. These can be prepared the night before and put in the oven the following day.
A delicious side dish for any brunch which can be prepared ahead and baked laterPrint Pin
- 13 x 9 inch pan
- 2 16 oz bags of frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 – 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese (I like to use pepper jack instead)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme (optional)
- 3/4 cup french fried onions (optional for a topping)
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (optional for a mix in or a topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix shredded potatoes with half of the cheese
- In another large bowl whisk eggs, add milk, sour cream and butter until well mixed. Add parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Add potato/cheese mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Spoon into baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the potatoes. I like add french fried onions.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.