Skillet Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
An easy dessert you can make all year long using either fresh or frozen fruit.Print Pin
- Iron Skillet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1½ cups sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet in oven while it preheats.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, vanilla bean paste, lemon zest, and lemon juice in another bowl.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Place butter in cast iron skillet in oven and bake until butter melts.
- Add batter to hot skillet.
- Scatter blueberries and peaches over the top.
- Sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream.
Photo by Eliesa Johnson