pecans, eggs, sugar and corn syrup make this sticky filling a decadent dessertPrint Pin
- 1 homemade pie crust click link for recipe
- 2 1/4 cups pecan halves or coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup light brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled for several minutes (shouldn’t be hot when you add it to your ingredients!
- Prepare homemade pie crust according to recipe instructions. Return to refrigerator to chill while you prepare pecan pie filling.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Once oven is preheated arrange pecan halves on a cookie sheet and toast these for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool while you prepare the pie filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until pale yellow and foamy (about 30 seconds).
- Add your corn syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract, and salt, and whisk until combined.
- Add melted, slightly cooled butter and stir well/whisk to combine.
- Add cooled toasted pecan halves into mixture and stir until until completely coated in syrup mixture.
- Pour pecan mixture into your prepared pie crust. I set my filled pie crust on a cookie sheet to bake in the oven.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until pie is set (the center should not be jiggly). Be sure to check your pie 25 minutes into baking and check periodically after that, if the crust is beginning to brown too quickly, cover your pie with foil to prevent over-browning.
- Allow to cool completely (at least 2 hours) before cutting and serving.