White Pizza with Peach, Pancetta and Chile
A savory pizza with a hint of sweet from the peaches pairs well with the ricotta and mozzarellaPrint Pin
- Pizza Stone (not required but the pizza cooks evenly for a nice crisp crust)
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon fine cornmeal
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus whole leaves for garnish
- All-Purpose flour for dusting
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, preferably low moisture shredded
- 1 medium peach pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 Fresno chile thinly sliced
- Remove the pizza dough from the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Place a pizza stone in oven and preheat the oven to 500◦F. Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper and sprinkle the parchment with the cornmeal.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set it nearby. Cook the pancetta in a medium skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until crispy. Drain on the paper towels, reserving drippings in the skillet.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the drippings; cook 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the cream and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Combine the ricotta, salt, pepper, and chopped basil in a small bowl.
- Stretch or roll pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet. Spread the cream sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a ¼-inch border. Sprinkle the mozzarella over sauce. Dollop the ricotta mixture over the mozzarella.
- Top with peaches, chile slices, and pancetta.
- Transfer the pizza, still on the parchment ,to the hot pizza stone.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the crust is browned and the cheese is bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the basil leaves, slice, serve.
Photo credit: Eliesa Johnson