Goof Proof Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
These easy decadent cinnamon rolls are easy to make, freezes well and is sure to please everyonePrint Pin
- Rolling Pin
- 4 – 1/4 cup all-purpose flour ( I prefer King Arthur brand)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 – 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons softened butter melted
- ½ cup brown sugar sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the flour and yeast; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat and stir milk, the 1/3 cup sugar, the 1/4 cup butter, and salt just until warm (120 to 130 degrees F.) and butter almost melts. Add milk mixture to dry mixture along with eggs. Beat with an electric mixer using dough hook on low to medium speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 12×8-inch rectangle. Spread 1/2 of the softened butter over rolled dough. Combine the 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1/2 of this mixture over dough. Roll up into a spiral, starting from a long side. Seal seam. Slice each roll into 6-7 pieces. Place in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Cool slightly; remove from pans. Drizzle with icing recipe of your choice. If desired, serve warm. Makes 15 large rolls.